Looking for iPhone insurance? Well you’ve come to the right place! Compare iPhone insurance from specialist insurers to find the policy you need for the lowest price. Do you know it can cost over £100 to get the screen professionally repaired on your iPhone if it gets damaged… You can get insurance with accidental damage cover only for just £19.99 a year or fully comprehensive cover including loss, theft, accidental damage and unauthorised calls upto £1000 for £59.99 a year or £6.99 a month.
If your Apple iPhone was lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair could you afford to go out and buy a new one? If it was lost or stolen and a large bill was run up while it’s missing could you afford to pay the bill & replace it? If the answer to these 2 questions are no, you need to consider insuring it!
Did you know:
In the UK 6.000.000 (6 million) mobile phones are lost, stolen or damaged each year including 400,000 dropped in drinks, 600,000 dropped down the toilet & 200,000 put through the washing machine!
A quarter of mobile phone thefts are when victims are pick-pocketed
63% of people don’t have mobile phone insurance
800,000 mobile phones are stolen each year – They are taken in 52% of all UK robberies
Every 37 seconds a mobile phone is lost or stolen in the UK
25% of people in the UK have had their mobile phone lost, stolen or both
On average it takes 6 hours for a mobile phone to be reported lost or stolen
A lot of people may think that they do not need insurance for their iPhone, but it may actually be one of the very few items that you should have insured. A few years ago mobile phones were sturdy and would not usually break because of how simply, robustly and cheaply they were made. People could drop them and not worry about the screen breaking, the battery case coming apart, the case getting damaged and they were also cheap to replace.
This may seem like it is good news but it isn’t. The newer mobile phones that are made today are made with a lot more technology and much less durability. This would mean that if you have a phone that is more recent, then it is in danger of being damaged more easily. You need to consider that with all of these new add-ons that are on your phone, the chances of it being damaged are much higher.
Mobile phone insurance is not only a good option for those with fragile phones and in the case they need repairing. You can also get insurance for mobile phones against being stolen, water damaged, theft, loss and unauthorised calls made from them if they are lost or stolen. The cost of mobile phone insurance is a fraction of what it would cost to replace the item and / or cover an expensive bill that’s been run up.
For example: You can get iPhone insurance cover for £59.99 a year which covers loss, theft, accidental damage & unauthorised calls made up to £1000 if it’s lost of stolen. The cost to replace the top of the range iPhone is £699! Imagine having your phone stolen or losing it to find that someone has run up hundreds of pounds worth of calls on it! Basically if you haven’t got the spare money to replace the phone and cover unauthorised calls made you need insurance cover. For a few £’s a month you’ll know you’re covered for all eventualities.
By having insurance you can feel a lot safer about your phone and you will not worry about it as much. If anything should happen to your phone, you will know that you have insurance and the problem can be solved with a simple phone call. Within a couple of days you could receive your brand new phone by post, so there’s really no waiting around. It really is a no brainer when you think out it, every person that owns an expensive mobile phone should have some sort of insurance policy for it if you don’t think that you could afford to purchase a new one.
So, why not take a look at the comparison table above to help you decide which insurance provider you should insure your iPhone with? It’s well worth paying a few pounds a month for!
Insurance Buying Guide
Before you take out an insurance policy, you might want to read over this guide to make sure that you know what you’re doing. No matter what you’re insuring, whether it’s your home, your health or just your phone, it’s important that you do it properly. Here are some things that you should keep in mind when you’re thinking about insuring your iPhone and other types of phones:
- Be Honest – Remember the old saying “Honesty is the best policy”? Well, it’s definitely true when it comes to insurance for mobile phones. A lot of insurance policies have a maximum age that your phone can be, such as 180 days for example. You mightn’t think that it’s a big deal to lie about how old your phone is since it’s only a few days over this, but it’s really not a smart thing to do. Let’s say your phone was 190 days old when you took out an insurance policy when the maximum age was 180 days. If your phone got lost, stolen or even damaged the insurance company will more than likely refuse to replace your phone since you lied to them. Don’t think that they won’t bother asking for proof of purchase, because they will! There are plenty of policies which cover phones that are years old, so just take a look for one of those if your phone is quite old.
- Right Cover – As you can see on our site, there are loads of different iPhone insurance policies that are out there right now on this site and others. Use this to your advantage and get a policy that is perfect for you. For example, some policies will cover you even if you’re abroad but if you very rarely go abroad you mightn’t want this policy since you can’t take advantage of what they are offering. At the end of the day, you’d end up paying extra to still be covered even when you’re not in the UK so don’t pay for something that you won’t get any use from.
- False Claims – A lot of people assume that it’d be easy to make a false claim when it comes to phone insurance, but this isn’t true at all. Of course you could try it, but is it really worth the risk when it’s a criminal offence? If you’ve ever thought about doing something like this you really shouldn’t try it because you could find yourself in a lot of trouble over something small like getting a new phone, you need to think about the bigger picture!
- Claiming – If anything does happen to your phone, it’s really important that you report it to your insurance company as soon as possible, whether it got lost, stolen or just damaged. If you wait too long (even a few days after it happened) then the company could refuse to help you out. If you think that your phone has been stolen, it’s also recommended that you get in touch with your service provider so that they can put a block on your account so that the person that has your phone can’t make any calls or texts using your account.
- Applying – When you’re applying for insurance, you’ll have to give the company several details about you and your phone, including your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number for your phone. If you are doing this online, it’s essential that you type this in correctly. One little mistake like typing 1 instead of 2 could mean that your phone won’t be insured. So, take your time and make sure that you do it all correctly.